Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Birthday, Milyn!

Well, despite all efforts, we ended up spending Milyn's birthday at the hospital. However, Milyn has no idea that today is December 8th and her birthday! Ha! We plan to celebrate the first day home from the hospital. I still can't believe that she is 3! She is such a sweet big sister, who is so protective of her baby brother. I will never forget what she said as I took the picture below of her hugging Maks. She's aid, "I gotcha, buddy." It was so tender, and I know she will always be his biggest fan and most fearless protector. Happy Birthday, Mi!


Maks has had a good couple of days. His lungs are finally sounding consistently clear, and his oxygen requirements have slowly gone down. They are weaning him slowly from the vapotherm, and he is currently at 2.5L and 25% fio2. On Thursday, when they first attempted to remove the vapotherm, he was at 2L, so I am definitely nervous to see how he handles it this time. I am sure they will have him off the vapotherm sometime tomorrow, I am just not sure how long it will last. Hopefully his airways stay open, and don't collapse, cause more coughing fits, and take us back to square one again. If he can make it off the vapotherm successfully, we should be able to go home shortly after that. So now we watch and wait. Please pray that his lungs are stronger this time than on Thursday and that he can successfully be weaned to just the wall oxygen!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment