Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 31




Maks is hanging in there today. He went up to 4ml of breast milk every 3 hours, and he is supposed to go up to 5ml tomorrow. That will be a milestone, because he has never made it up to 5 before. He seems to he tolerating it well, and he has good bowel sounds, a soft belly, and good bowel movements. I am really hoping he can get off of the TPN soon to prevent complications associated with long-term use of it.

This morning when I got there, he was having several bradys and desats. I have no idea why he was, but it was stressful because the alarms kept going off. He self-recovered on some of them, but required some stimulation on others. I got to hold him this morning, and he actually did much better when I was holding him and even after. I don't think he had any bradys the whole time I held him!

I know he is still a little guy, but I think he looks kind of chunky in the picture from today. You can also kind of see him pushing himself up on his knees. He has been doing this a lot. He has figured out how to wriggle himself off the side of his pillow, and he looks like he is trying to escape from the incubator. He is definitely getting stronger.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. He looks great! Sounds like good news! I hope he continues to get stronger and bigger! What a cute little guy. Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures and videos. I think it helps all of us!! Hope you are hanging in there too Shalee. This can be super hard on the Mommy! We pray for you and Maks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't get over how great he looks. Hope you guys are doing well...I can't imagine how you're doing it, but you seem to be managing it all wonderfully. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete