Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Day 54

Dr. Anschutz was on today. He wrote orders to decrease the oxygen to 3L and to discontinue the Actigall. They will recheck his bilirubin on Friday to see if there is a change. They will also check his hematocrit again on Friday to make sure it isn't too low. I am starting to get to know the doctors better, and I can anticipate what kind of orders will be written based on which neonatologist is on that day. It is very interesting. Maks' eye exam will be done tomorrow. We continue to pray for favorable results.

Logan has been sick for the last week and a half, so he hasn't been able to see Maks at all. This has been very hard on Logan. He finally felt well enough to come in today to see him, and he couldn't believe how much he has changed! He really is growing fast!

When I was holding Maks tonight, he had several bradys and desats right in a row. Eventually we ended up putting him back in the incubator to calm down. I HATE THIS! Everyone I have talked to who has had a baby in the NICU says how fantastic "kangaroo care" or skin-to-skin contact is because they would hold their baby close and just watch the vital signs stable. It frustrates me and makes me nervous to hold Maks when he doesn't do well. Sometimes it makes me not want to hold him at all for fear of how he will tolerate it. I know he is still very small and immature, I just want him to be comfortable in his mommy's arms. Hopefully we will get there soon!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment