Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 50

Maks is approaching the 3 lb mark! I can't believe how big he is getting. It is hard for me to notice much of a change because I see him every day, but I know he is growing inside and out.

He really is doing well! It is hard to think back on the last seven weeks and realize how badly things could have gone. He truly is a miracle. There was a baby boy born about 4 weeks after Maks, and he was just like Maks: 26 weeks, 1lb 2oz, etc. I came in one day this week to find him intubated and on a ventilator. The next day he had to be sent to Boise because of a perforated bowel, and it is unclear whether or not he is going to make it. I feel so bad for his teenaged parents. It definitely took me back a couple of weeks when Maks had to go back on the ventilator. We are so blessed he turned a good corner and is still doing well today.

I am starting to get back to normal and to accept the fact that I am not pregnant any more. I know that probably sounds weird, but the other day I had to remind myself that I could lift a heavy box because I'm not pregnant. Today I saw a bunch of pictures of babies and pregnant girls, and it makes me sad that I am missing so much this time around. It is particularly difficult when I think about missing out on the first three to four months of Maks' life. I know I still get to see him and watch him grow, and I am so grateful for this. I just see other moms with their newborns, and it is difficult. It will sure be a wonderful day when we can bring Maks home!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment