Thursday, February 7, 2013

Day 34

The past couple of days I have thought Maks has been looking kind of pale. I wasn't sure why, but I mentioned it to the nurse practitioner yesterday. I am glad I did, because she decided to order another hematocrit today, and it was only 28 (that is really low). Needless to say, when I came in this morning, a couple of nurses were in his room trying to get a new IV started so he could have another blood transfusion. They finally got one started in his left leg, and they infused the blood this afternoon. I don't know if the pictures really do it justice, but I took one of Maks before and after the blood. I notice it mostly in his face. Look how pale he is in the first picture; the blood definitely helped to "pink" him up!





We're up to 7ml on the breast milk, and he still hasn't had a bowel movement. I am starting to get worried, but Doctor Jenkins said his belly still looks and sounds good, so he isn't concerned yet. Other than the blood, no other new orders today. He continues on the TPN and the caffeine.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Come on little Maks..just poop and we will all feel better about everything!!!!!Go Maks rah rah rah!!!;0)

    ReplyDelete