Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day 37

Logan got to hold Maks for the first time today! What a special moment for father and son.







He is tolerating the increase in breast milk well, and he will continue to increase by 1ml every 12 hours! He is also continuing the caffeine, TPN, Actigall, and multivitamin. New labs will be drawn in the morning to check his bilirubin.

When we were in Utah yesterday, Logan got me a gift for Valentine's day/Maks' birth. I love the Willow Tree figurines, and it has kind of been a tradition for Logan to get me one for different phases of our life. We found this one, and it is so perfect for us right now. For some reason, it makes me so happy when I see it. Just to see everyone in awe of the sweet miracle of new life brings me peace. I have the perfect place for it on our mantle!




At church today, I got to hold a newborn baby boy who was born just a week after Maks. It was crazy to hold a baby that big and healthy with no tubes and IVs getting in the way and no alarms sounding in my ear. I got a little emotional because I wish it was that simple to hold my sweet Maks, but I know I am so blessed to have a baby at all to hold. What a miracle he truly is to even be here and doing so well! Hopefully one day soon it will be just as simple to hold him, and I can make up for all the lost snuggles!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That picture of Logan and Maks really puts in perspective the itty bitty size of your miracle baby!! It makes me smile to think of how many hugs and kisses that little guy will be getting when you get him home!! The weeks are dragging by I'm sure inside your little NICU world.

    ReplyDelete