Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 18

We are seeing some more progress today with Maks, but his poor belly is just so distended. It looks so uncomfortable, and it makes me feel so sorry for him. He is up to 3ml every 3 hours on the breast milk feedings. He is also getting the glycerine suppositories every 12 hours, but he hasn't had a bowel movement since yesterday evening. I just wish his little body and organs could figure out this whole digestion thing, so he doesn't get so gassy and full of air. He is still on the TPN, and he gets caffeine and diflucan. Other than that, he isn't on any other medications.

He currently has the PICC line in his right foot and the peripheral IV in his scalp. Today he weighs 665 grams, which is 1lb 7.5oz. I also got to hold him today, which is always exciting and special for me! I like to think that Maks enjoys it as well.

Tonight we had the special opportunity of Logan and his dad giving Maksim a Priesthood blessing of healing and promise. It was so special and comforting to hear the blessings that Heavenly Father has promised to Maksim. I know he has a purpose in this life and that he will continue to touch many people.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment