Saturday, January 12, 2013

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Lots of great things happened today, and it stared right when I got to the hospital in the morning. During morning rounds with the neonatologist, nurse practitioner and care team, they told me I get to hold Maks for the first time! I don't think I expected to be able to do that so soon, but I was so excited! I had to get one of the nurses to take a picture of this priceless moment. Look how tiny he is! I was definitely nervous because he is so small, but I was just so happy and relieved to finally hold him. I also got to hear him cry for the first time. It is such a little cry, but it is strong, and I know his lungs are getting stronger.


During rounds, the doctor also said that he was going to start breast milk feedings at 1ml every 6 hours. It doesn't seem like much at all, but it is something. Another exciting thing was finding out that one of his eyes had become unfused and was starting to open! He kept giving us the stink eye, but it was fun to see him open it. It seemed that all day he was trying with all of his might to open both eyes wide. His eye brows were really going to town. We could see this, because the phototherapy lights were also discontinued today, so he no longer has to wear the glasses.


Each day he looks better and better as more of the tubes and lines are taken away! I love to see him snuggled up like this on his belly. It seems to be one of his favorite positions right now.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment