Saturday, January 19, 2013

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I can't believe Maks is 2 weeks old today. I honestly can't believe it has been that long since all of this started. Thank goodness for the good days. It seems like we are constantly taking two steps forward and one step backwards, but at least some progress is being made. We still have such a long ways to go!

Maks is looking a little better today. Things are just kind of starting to resolve from yesterday. He still has the Anderson oral gastric tube in today, but it is just open to air. I don't think they had to suck any air out of his belly today. His belly is still a little distended, and he is still having some episodes of bradycardia and desaturating. That is starting to give me anxiety when I am there with him. Listening to the alarms every time it happens makes me so nervous. I think it is just something I am going to have to get used to and desensitized to so it doesn't drive me crazy.

Unfortunately, his bilirubin was elevated today, so they had to put him back on the ultraviolet phototherapy lights to help conjugate the bilirubin. That means he has to wear the cute little sunglasses, which, unfortunately, cover his cute little eyes. Kylee and Stetson and Tiana and Tevin even came to see him today. Maybe by Monday, before Kylee and Stetson have to go back to UT, he will be done with the phototherapy, so he can show them his big beautiful eyes. They are still holding the breast milk; they are thinking about maybe starting it back tomorrow. It makes me nervous every time they start it back up or increase it. I just keep praying that his little body will adjust to it and learn to digest it.

Here he is today with his big sunglasses on.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment