Monday, January 28, 2013

Day 24




This is how I found my sweet Maksim when I went to see him this evening. He was all stretched out and comfortable, and he did this all himself. Logan calls this his touchdown pose. :) He had a pretty good day today. Not much has changed as far as orders go. The antibiotics were discontinued, and they also discontinued the probe that was monitoring his breathing and heart rate. He started breast milk today (hold your breath, cross your fingers, and say prayers that he tolerates this!). I am nervous, as usual, as we start this and hope that he doesn't have another setback as a result of it.

Dr. Jenkins started back on today. This morning during rounds, he said, "You know, upon physical assessment... He is a cute kid! He is very healthy and cute." I don't know what I expected him to say, but I was pleasantly surprised to hear that!

The PICC line in his right foot went bad this afternoon, but luckily they were able to get a new one put in his left arm. This evening when I was there, he had a few more bradys and desats, but he seemed to get better when the nurse put him on his belly. It sure is stressful hearing those alarms keep going off! I got to sit by him, and hold is hand, and sing all of Milyn's favorite songs to him (Twinkle twinkle little star, I love to see the temple, and Jesus wants me for a sunbeam). He seemed to like that, and he even kept his heart rate and oxygen up while I did it.

I need to give a shout out to my mom today on her birthday! She has always been such a strength in my life, and I don't know what I would be doing right now without her. She even watched Milyn this morning on her birthday while I went to the NICU to be with Maks! I love you, mom! Thanks for everything!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. He is SO darling in his little "pose"! Give a Happy Birthday hug to your mom from me! She is a very beautiful, amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Jenkins was our Dr, after the twins were born, he wasn't supposed to start at EIRMC until the end of the month but he took a few patients on early. We loved him, he was so great to work with

    ReplyDelete