Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 23

Another good day for Maksim! I even got to hold my sweet boy today. His X-rays have continued to look good, and they are planning to discontinue the antibiotics and restart the breast milk tomorrow. I am always hesitant when they start the feedings because it seems that everything seems to go south when they do. However, I know it is necessary and good for him, and his little body will one day get used to it.

He really is getting stronger, and he has continued to do well on the CPAP. He has a blue chin strap on that helps with his oxygenation. It makes him look kind of uncomfortable, but it keeps his mouth closed to improve his oxygenation. I love when he has his eyes opened, so I took another video of him today. The lighting is horrible, but you can still see some cute smiles and is big eyes!

YouTube Video

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment: