Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 58

Today was a sad day because we didn't get to see Maks for very long. Milyn woke up in the middle of the night throwing up and saying her hair hurt and her tongue hurt. It turns out she has a fever, double ear infection, and pharyngitis. She was started on an antibiotic, and hopefully it will start working soon.

I was able to go see Maks for a minute this morning, but I was afraid to open the incubator because I didn't want to get him sick. I planned on going to see him again this evening, but we ended up taking Milyn to Redicare to get checked out, and there were germs and contaminants everywhere. I knew without a shower, I wouldn't feel safe going into the NICU, and since I had to work tonight, I just ran out of time. :(

When I went this morning, he was doing really well. No new orders were written, and he was maintaining his oxygen sats at 3L and 27% oxygen. I hope he knows how much mommy and daddy missed him today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment