Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Day 74

Today was much less eventful than yesterday. We like it like that! Maks is doing well and continues to grow grow grow! He weighs 4 lbs 13oz tonight. I know a lot of this weight is fluid, but it is crazy to think how big he is. He isn't gaining too quickly, though, which is good, and he remains slightly below the recommended weight for gestational age. It just goes to show how much these little babies grow in their mommies those last couple of months.

Milyn is still whiney, but she slept a little better last night and isn't snoring as much. It was nice to finally be able to get some sleep, and we are hoping tonight goes well as well.

I was reading in the Book of Mormon yesterday and came across a scripture in 1 Nephi chapter 8 verse 8 (kind of ironic since my favorite number is 8). Anyway, I really liked it and related to it. It is of Lehi speaking of the great darkness he experienced in his vision of the tree of life:

"And after I had traveled for the space of many hours in darkness, I began to pray unto the Lord that he would have mercy on me, according to the multitude of his tender mercies." (Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi, Chapter 8)

I know the Lord is full of tender mercies, and although I feel like I have "traveled for the space of many [days] in darkness," I pray that light and happiness are ahead, much like the light and happiness Lehi experienced when he reached the tree of life.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment