Saturday, March 9, 2013

Day 64

I finally got to see and hold my sweet Maksim today. It has been a long three days of not being able to see him. He has grown and changed so much in just those few days. He is growing a ton! He made it to four pounds tonight when the nurse weighed him! Isn't that insane? He hadn't pooped in a bit, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is down a little tomorrow, but 4 lbs is huge! He really is making some progress.


No new orders today, just letting him grow and adjust to one bottle feed a day. I was finally lucky enough to be there to give him his bottle tonight. Logan even got to be there. He is up to 37ml on his feeds, and he took all but about 14ml. We tried a little bit of breast feeding before, and he latched on and ate a little, but not much. We will keep trying. We maintained skin-to-skin contact as I fed him his bottle to help make him more comfortable and encourage bonding. Then I got to just hold him for a bit before heading home to put Milyn to bed. With all the stress of having a baby in the NICU, I am grateful for quiet moments like tonight when mommy and Maksim can just snuggle!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. 4 pounds!!!!! It seems impossible that a body can grow so rapidly! He will be home before you know it!

    ReplyDelete