Friday, March 29, 2013

Day 84

I had to work today, which I think was completely unfair. Luckily I got to do it while in the transition room in the NICU with Maks! It was just hard because I wanted to hold him and snuggle him all day with no worries. It was so good to be with him, though!


After I finished work, Maks had his car seat challenge. I had kind of forgotten about this, and I worried a little about it because if he doesn't pass, he doesn't get to go home, and they wait 24 hours to retest. Basically, Maks had to sit in a car seat for 90 minutes and have no bradys or desats lasting more than 20 seconds, or requiring stimulation. We are happy to report he passed!


He has also eaten pretty well today, and we are hoping he continues that through the night. We are finally at the point in our NICU experience where I honestly feel I can do a better job at caring for him and giving him the attention he needs than the nurses here can. I know it isn't going to be easy, and the staff here is fine, I just think it is time to go home!

I can't even begin to say how great it is to be holding my Miracle Maks right now as I am writing this blog post! I honestly couldn't hold back the tears as we started snuggling! We have had such a journey, and I have waited so long for this. I can't help but think, FINALLY!!

Logan and I have been looking through pictures this evening, and we found a couple of good comparisons. The first one is just after he was born(1 lb 2 oz), and the other one is a few weeks ago(around 4 1/2 lbs). Both pictures were taken of him in the same incubator. Look at the difference! He really was just so tiny!





Today he weighs 5 lbs 7 oz and is over 17 inches long!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment