Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 83

What a whirlwind of a day!! During rounds, Dr. Anschutz said Maks has been doing so well he is ready to go home! What?! Can you believe it? I totally wasn't expecting that news today, or even this week. I will room-in with Maks starting tomorrow morning for 24 hours, then, if everything goes well, we will go home Saturday morning just in time for me to go to my baby shower! I still just can't believe it! We literally have nothing ready! I guess Dr. Anschutz wasn't kidding on Monday when he said we should get the nursery ready.

He will for sure be coming home with oxygen and monitors, and eye appointments, and doctor's appointments, and home health, and lots of other worries, but that doesn't take away from the fact that we are so excited to bring him home and finally have our family together.

He did pretty well today, despite having his eye exam this morning, which always kind of wears him out. He has had to have a couple of feedings given through his ng tube to save his energy, but I am hoping he has a good night and gets his energy back. The eye exam was okay. The retinopathy has moved out a little further into the periphery, so he will be followed by Dr. Romriell on an outpatient basis, and he will more than likely have to be lasered in a month or so. The Avastin is not being considered at the moment. From what the doctor says, it sounds like he is past the point of benefitting from it. So, we pray for continued growth and improvement.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Just want to happy dance for you! WHAT A MIRACLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shock!!!! How exciting!!!!!! I will miss your baby shower because I have to drive to Boise and see my grandkids for Easter.... but I will bring a box of diapers to your mom!! HOORAY for you and your precious baby!! It almost makes me cry for joy!!! (I would probably ask them to keep him until kindergarden) haha Promise you will continue to blog!! I need this;0)

    ReplyDelete