Monday, March 11, 2013

Day 66

Dr. Jenkins increased the number of times Maks can have a bottle per day to two per shift. Of course this is only if he is showing cues. When I went to see Maks at 5 this evening, he had been gavaged (tube fed) all day because he was sleeping during all of the cares. I was able to give him a bath when I got there, and this woke him up enough to take all but 13ml of his 5pm feeding through the bottle. We will see in the morning how he does during the night shift.

No other changes to orders today, but I did take a couple pictures of him throughout the day. The first one is of me holding him while waiting for morning rounds before I had to run back to work, and the next ones were taken right after his bath! His poor little belly is so full, and he was very wiggly, but I think they're cute.











- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment